MIT’s freshman physics class uses edX materials. Among these was a sequence of “pre-class questions” and short articles intended to encourage students to read text materials and be aware of the basic features of the upcoming work that would be done in class. The goal was to introduce basic ideas and vocabulary and to motivate rather than to assess consideration by students.
To view a portfolio of these physics pre-class materials
- go to edge.edx.org; login as “email@example.com” with the
- password ‘guest’;
- click ‘view course’; and
- click on ‘courseware’ in the upper right corner of the screen. There will appear
- index of all the pre-class materials in reverse chronological order of their use in the course.
- Click on any week and there will appear a sub-heading for the topics of that week;
- click on any sub-heading and the material will be displayed.